Sunday 2 October 2016

Ominous Woods

       I had been driving for two hours now maybe three and it had started to get dark, I drove on the empty pitch black road illuminated by my high beams. This road was the only one that took you passed what was called the ominous woods, it snaked through the dense woods trees either side. There were no lamp posts and you weren't meant to have a high beam on so usually driving you can only see a couple meters in front of you but I switched them on for my own safety thinking nothing of it.
       Enervation overcame me and I fought to keep my eyes open, I was on the brink of sleep then suddenly an object moved in front of the car and I hit the breaks screeching to a halt. I threw open my car door and ran to the front of my car, nothing was there, something was off the place was suddenly quiet but I decided to disdain that thought and blame it on a lack of sleep so walked over to my car which surprisingly was locked. I was sure I didn't lock or even close the door but I turned a blind eye to this discovery and got into the car. For my own safety, I pulled over to the side and decided to get some rest but as I placed my foot down I heard a splash. Baffled I looked down and noticed the car had a pool of water in it. As I raised my head a thick mist appeared out of thin air and all my windows fogged up. As there wasn't enough energy in my body to care I lowered my seat into a flat position and slept.
       Abruptly there was a loud bang which killed my slumber, I looked ahead to see and hand mark on the window that had been dragged off encircled by the fog. This was definitely not my mind playing tricks on me due to the lack of sleep. A wave of fear and nausea came over me, I rapidly sat up and started the car. I slammed my foot down on the accelerate. My car shot forwards, I was speeding down the narrow road and suddenly out of nowhere a body stood in the middle of the road facing me screaming. She was a middle-aged woman in a white dress, flowing back as if in the wind. She had extremely pale skin and her small delicate hands were in her white hair which flowed back in all directions. I slammed on my breaks and my car fishtailed and suddenly stopped with a thud. I hit the woman. I threw open my door and leapt out into the fog, using my hands I followed my way around the car but as I went the fog grew thicker. By the time I reached the front of my car you couldn't see your hand in front of your own face, the body had mysteriously vanished. I turned and faced my car and I saw the woman's face behind the wheel. She had an evil grin and laughed in a crazy manner. The car shot forward, I was paralysed with fear then...

No comments:

Post a Comment